At one time or another, every human being on Earth needs some words of encouragement to help them forge through life’s many challenges and circumstances.
As Christians, we’ve had lots of us who have traversed the same path and went through the similar or sometimes worst things we are going through, and they were good enough to pen down the words that helped them to become victorious in the end.
And this words of encouragement are what we normally refer to as “quotes”.
Every Christian from the beginning of time have always looked up to one motivational source which is the very giver and preserver of their whole being and existence. While on Earth our Lord Jesus made mention of the fact that He was taught by God. (John 8:26-28).
No doubt, God is the source of all of Christian motivation because He is the basis for everything good and everything that’s worth imitating.
Right from the teachings given by our Lord Jesus Christ, to the words of wisdom penned down by great Theologians and Christian scholars who were motivated by Christ Himself. Thus, Christian quotes have the tendency to inspire anyone who reads them with the required amount of faith.
In this article therefore, I have taken the time to select and explain remarkable Christian motivational quotes that span denominations and times, and I encourage you to read them and get the needed motivation that will help you to fight and overcome any obstacle standing in your life at this moment.
So without much ado, let’s get started right away.
Christian Motivational Quotes.
1. “This is our time on the history line of God. This is it. What will we do with the one deep exhale of God on this earth? For we are but a vapor and we have to make it count. We’re on. Direct us, Lord, and get us on our feet.” – Beth Moore.
We need to always acknowledge the fact that there is nothing we can ever do on this Earth if we are not being inspired by the creator. The quote above likens us to a vapor which vanishes away without any official notice.
But even though our life, our world and all that surrounds us here are vanity, we must always depend on God with whom there is immortality.
2. “Your potential is the sum of all the possibilities God has for your life.” – Charles Stanley.
You might think that goal you have is too difficult and hence there is no possibility of being successful in it. But only if you could stop for a second and contemplate how nothing is impossible with God, then you will realise the possibility there is in achieving that goal.
3. “The greater your knowledge of the goodness and grace of God on your life, the more likely you are to praise Him in the storm.” – Matt Chandler.
Storms do not last forever cuz once it brings the rain it will be gone and soon the rain will make way for sunshine.
4. “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.” – Jim Elliot.
Your soul is more valuable, hence you don’t have to lose it for worldly possessions and pleasures that lasts but a while.
5. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” – Francis Chan.
Remember everything in life is vanity and at such does not really matter.
6. “He who lays up treasures on earth spends his life backing away from his treasures. To him, death is loss. He who lays up treasures in heaven looks forward to eternity; he’s moving daily toward his treasures. To him, death is gain.” – Randy Alcorn.
For the days of eternity that awaits us cannot be compared to the short miserable life we spend here on Earth.
7. “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.’” – Billy Graham.
Prayer is what connects us with God at all times, to me I consider it the only way I keep my relationship with my maker.
Guess this is why our Lord Jesus said “pray without ceasing”.
8. “What gives me the most hope every day is God’s grace; knowing that his grace is going to give me the strength for whatever I face, knowing that nothing is a surprise to God.” – Rick Warren.
When you live with the understanding that God had already programmed our lives to walk in an order that he chooses from beginning to end, we will always find the hope within to face whatever comes our way.
9. “God is able to take the mess of our past and turn it into a message. He takes the trials and tests and turns them into a testimony.” – Christine Caine.
Without the trials and tests, no one will have any testimony that will bring glory to God.
10. “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.” – Chuck Swindoll.
And all we need is the courage to utilize those opportunities and make the success possible.
11. “If you can’t fly, then run, If you can’t run, then walk, If you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
Moving forward is the only way you can arrive the destiny that’s waiting for you in the future.
12. “God will meet you where you are in order to take you where He wants you to go.” – Tony Evans.
Just be patient and wait for Him.
13. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us” – Augustine.
Though we are many, we are one body in God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
14. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller.
Seems that is where the maker Himself dwells.
15. “Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one.” – A.W.Tozer.
But it’s sad that so many keep ignoring him even when they can feel His presence.
16. “If you believe in a God who controls the big things, you have to believe in a God who controls the little things. It is we, of course, to whom things look ‘little’ or ‘big’.” – Elisabeth Elliot.
I personally believe that God is bigger than the whole universe, because if not there is no way He would be able to control it.
He is not like us humans who create things that outweighs and overpower us, and in the end gets to destroy us.
17. “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him” – John Piper
Especially when things don’t seem to go the way we want it and we gain the understanding that it is the will of God to us.
18. “Remember Whose you are and Whom you serve. Provoke yourself by recollection, and your affection for God will increase tenfold; your imagination will not be starved any longer, but will be quick and enthusiastic, and your hope will be inexpressibly bright.” –Oswald Chambers.
God is infinite, that’s what I hold I my head always about Him.
19. “Relying on God has to start all over everyday, as if nothing has yet been done.” – C. S. Lewis.
Let there never be a time we think God is done with us
20. “The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln.
And next tomorrow is the future, I suppose?
21. “Continuous effort — not strength nor intelligence — is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill.
We must always continue to try especiallywhen we fail.
22. “God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile” – Max Lucado.
And looking up to the arrival will make the journey seem easy even when it is not.
23. “Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain. What was once foolishness to us—a crucified God—must become our wisdom and our power and our only boast in this world.” – John Piper.
He was crucified in weakness but arose in power.